Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Day..

... of the rest of my LIFE!!

I welcome 2011 with open arms. This year is going to be a year of Change. I need to get focused on my life and where I want it to take me.
What do I want to do? Who do I want to be?

I have the things I want! Eventually I want more babies though. :) These things that I have.. My wonderful, loving, caring, handsome husband, My beautiful, amazing, "I look at you and can't believe that you are mine" baby boy Abram, My health.. (I am happy for my health.. BUT, there are MANY changes that need to be made!!) My beautiful, spacious, memory making house, My amazing family that is there for me no matter what and never puts me down or makes me feel unloved, My friends - the new and old ones.. My wonderful church, and of course My loving, caring, forgiving God!

Of these things I have, There are things that I need to change with all of them! I want to be a better wife to my husband and do things for him that make him happy. Take care of him like he takes care of me! I want to spend time with him reading the bible and doing our devotions together and praying with him.

I want to be a better mommy to my little Abram! I know someday he is going to have siblings and I want to take this time that is just him and I and daddy and be with him and play with him more. I want to show him how much I love him and give him everything he needs and wants. :) I want him to know that when he is being a "bad" boy that mommy still loves him no matter how many times I have to say "NO, NO!" I want to shower him with more kisses than he already gets.. and that is A LOT! and I want to definitely take in each moment and soak it up and try so hard to remember it all!

My health.. Well, this one is my BIG one! It isn't a want, it's a NEED! I really need to get it together. I have "started" eating well and working out so many times and never follow through. If I keep going at that rate, I will only get bigger and bigger. I am at the highest weight I have ever been (minus being pregnant) And my eating was getting out of control. I am definitely an emotional eater and I am going to change this. I am ready to take this step for real! So if you are reading, please pray for me!

With my house, I want to really make it a HOME and decorate it and make it US. I want it to show who we are. I love our house so much and am so thankful that we were so blessed with it.

My family is amazing and I just want to be there for them as much as they are there for me! I love you all and I am so blessed to have you in my life! Thank you for everything you have done for me.

My friends, I am also very blessed to have you in my life. I know when I go to you, you love me and never judge me. I want to be a friend that you can come to and feel the same. I want you to feel happy and uplifted when we are leaving each other from hanging out. I want you to be honest with me and I will be with you as well. Thank you for the love that you have shown and for understanding me when I try to explain things to you.

My church, I love! I love the messages Andy gives. I have been unable to really listen lately because Abram is having a hard time leaving mommy in the nursery and I feel really bad for the workers when he is crying in there. So something I would like this year is to be able to listen better and apply the messages to my life.

God, Thank You for giving me all that you have! I am so very thankful for every person you have put in my life. Thank you for change! Thank you for helping me through this new year and helping me Change my life the way it needs to be changed. I want to have a deeper relationship with you!

Like I said before, if you are reading this.. please pray for me to be strong!! I need to change, It will make me a better person in all areas of my life!
Love you all!!
Cori

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

Cori, Such an uplifting honest loving blog. I am so proud of you and so happy that you are my daughter and the mother of my wonderful grandson Abe. I always knew you would be an amazing mother and it is so much fun watching you with him. He loves you so much! I'm excited to see this new you in 2011 I know you can do it and will be praying for you. Also excited to see all the wonderful things that God has in store for you Nate and Abe! I Love you SO MUCH! Mom